Scott Prange empowers companies to command the workforce for competitive edge.
Scott provides strategic counsel on all types of workplace concerns to ensure compliance with the goals of bolstering workplace cohesion and avoiding conflict where possible, achieving practical ends and limiting liability where not, and ameliorating costs. Scott works one-on-one with clients to help navigate all stages of the employment relationship and to tailor employment practices that are aligned with their unique cultures. A former teacher, Scott is also an experienced workplace trainer.
When push comes to shove, Scott zealously defends clients in federal and state courts and before government agencies during all stages of litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He has successfully defended clients against all types of complaints, including in contract and tort, and for unfair labor practices; wrongful and constructive discharge; discrimination; harassment; violations of leave laws; failure to provide reasonable accommodations; violations of wage and hour, occupational health and safety, and workers’ compensation laws; and whistleblowing and retaliation.
Honors & Leadership
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Washington Bar Association
- Member, Hawaii Bar Association
- Member, Society of Human Resource Management
- Member, Association for Conflict Resolution
- Hawaii State Judiciary Appellate Pro Bono Program
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii
- Employment Libel and Privacy Law 50 State Survey
- The Gig Economy and Occupational Safety and Health
- Defense Research Institute: State by State Compendium of New
2019, 2018, 2017
- United States: Another Blow to Employment Arbitration Clauses in Hawaii
- Are You a Joint Employer? Time to Reassess
- Trump and the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know
- Managing the Workforce in the Gig Economy
- Defend Trade Secrets Act Bring Employers New Protections, New Responsibilities
- NLRB Warns Employees-Your Employee Handbook Is Probably Illegal
- University of Hawai'i at Manoa - William S. Richardson School of LawJ.D.
- Ball State UniversityM.A.
- University of Hawai'i at Manoa – Shidler College of BusinessM.B.A
- University of Central FloridaB.A., magna cum laude
- University of Maryland Global CampusB.S., magna cum laude
- Hawaii Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Hawaii
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington