Regina A. Petty
Regina Petty is a partner in the San Diego and Los Angeles offices. She practices in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels and is experienced in multi-district and class action litigation.
Regina advises employers and public agency boards and handles litigation for private and public employers. She successfully argued Jones v. The Lodge at Torrey Pines Partnership (2008) 42 Cal.4th 1158 before the California Supreme Court, a case noted on Bender's California Labor & Employment Bulletin's top ten list of most significant cases and trends for the Fair Employment and Housing Act's fiftieth anniversary.
Regina is a past president of the San Diego County Bar Association and a former member of the board of directors of the Minority Corporate Counsel Association.
She is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been listed in San Diego Super Lawyers every year since its inaugural issue. She has been named one of the Los Angeles Daily Journal's Top 75 Women Litigators in California and one of the San Diego Daily Transcript's Top Ten attorneys in both the labor and employment and business litigation categories.
Regina is also a recipient of the San Diego Business Journal's Women Who Mean Business Award and she was honored by the Stanford University Black Community Services Center with its Legacy Award.
- Jones v. The Lodge at Torrey Pines Partnership, 42 Cal.4th 1158 (2008)
- Morson v. Superior Court, 90 Cal.App.4th 775 (2001)
- Clark v. Baxter Healthcare, 83 Cal.App.4th 1048 (2000)
- Artiglio v. Superior Court, 22 Cal.App.4th 1388 (1994)
Honors & Leadership
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in San Diego Super Lawyers
Regina is a Master in the Louis Welsh American Inn of Court and chairs the CLE Committee of the International Association of Defense Counsel. She is a member of the National Bar Association, the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association and the National Association of Public Pension Attorneys. In addition to being a past faculty member for the American Bar Association TIPS Trial Academy and for the IADC Trial Academy, Regina is a frequent speaker for and member of the Defense Research Institute, the Association of Business Trial Lawyers as well as the Litigation and Labor & Employment Law sections of the State Bar of California and of the ABA. The International Association of Defense Counsel named Regina chair of its 2010 CLE Committee.
Regina currently serves on the board of directors of the American Heart Association.
She is a member of the “Go Red for Women” Executive Committee. She also serves on the board of directors of the nonprofit hospital Sharp Healthcare.
She is a member of the Audit Committee and chairs the Litigation Committee.
Regina is a member of the Redcoat Committee of the San Diego Bowl Game Association (National University Holiday Bowl and the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl).
She is a past chair of the City of San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium Advisory Board and previously served on the Greater San Diego Chamber of Commerce's board of directors and executive committee.
Regina chaired the Chamber's 1998 Insights World Conference.
She is a member of Delta Sigma Theta.
- San Diego Partner Regina Petty Assumes New Important Role6.8.18
- Fisher Phillips Attorney Regina Petty Selected For Inclusion in San Diego Daily Transcript's Top Attorneys 20138.1.13
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Gig Employer Blog8.30.19
- Stanford Law SchoolJ.D. 1982
- Stanford UniversityA.B. Economics 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Supreme Court