Mairen Kelly is senior counsel in the firm's Atlanta office and has also practiced in the Irvine office.
She has been a litigator for more than 25 years, defending complex litigation, class, multi-party and individual claims in the federal and state trial and appellate courts.
Mairen has litigated Title VII, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), gender/sex harassment, retaliation/whistleblower litigation, employee fraud, unfair competition, trade secrets and restrictive covenant claims. She has represented employers in state and federal investigations.
Mairen also has obtained reversals of multi-million dollar liability and punitive damage jury awards in federal and state courts of appeal.
Clients include national and international manufacturers, retail chains, ERISA plans and trustees, trade associations, universities, law firms, auto dealerships, county governments and public officials.
She has lectured and been a trial practice instructor to American Bar and Georgia Bar Association groups.
Prior to joining the firm, Mairen had significant experience in ERISA litigation with a Chicago firm and served as a law clerk to the Chief Justice of the Illinois Appellate Court. Mairen is "AV" Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
- Walker v. Golden Pantry Foods, Inc., 2005 WL 3179988 (M.D. Ga. 2005)
- Davis v. Valley Hospitality Services, LLC, 372 F. Supp. 2d 641 (M.D. Ga. 2005)
- DaPonte v. Manfredi Motors, Inc., 335 F. Supp. 2d 352 (E.D. N.Y. 2004)
- Simon v. Morehouse School of Medicine, 908 F. Supp. 959 (N.D. Ga. 1995)
- Meyers v. Ideal Basic Industries, Inc., 940 F.2d 1379 (10th Cir. 1991)
- Dunn v. Cobb County, 760 F. Supp. 909 (N.D. Ga. 1991)
- Christenson v. Broadway Bank and Trust Co., 129 Ill.App.3d 928 (1984)
- Donovan v. Robbins, 558 F. Supp. 319 (N.D. Ill. 1983)
- Panduit v. All States Plastic Mfg. Co., 84 Ill.App.3d 1144 (1980)
Honors & Leadership
Mairen was a presenter at the American Bar Association's Symposium in Alternative Dispute Resolution (Spring 2006), and she has lectured at several Georgia State Bar programs on litigation, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and alternative dispute resolution.
Mairen is a member of the Atlanta Symphony, the High Museum, the Atlanta Historical Society, and Atlanta ARTSForward Foundation.
- De Paul University College of LawJ.D., magna cum laude
- Northwestern UniversityB.A., with Distinction
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Supreme Court of California
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Supreme Court